• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stay-on case for angled 65 (1 Viewer)

Nickgas

Looking at possible Christmas presents!
Any views on the best case for the Diascope 65 (incidentally Does the Skua case for the Leica 62 fit the Diascope)?
As an alternative are there any good transport bags for the scope?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nick

Nick,

A transport bag is useful. The Zeiss one is rather expensive and I use an astro scope bag from Orion, which however is not a very good fit. A cheap and effective solution would be to get something sewn up from thick felt and with a velcro fastener as I did recently for a new tripod.

IMHO stay-on cases are good for dealers but no-one else. They are fiddley and will just slow you down in the field and your scope is waterproof anyway. If you ever use your scope in a hide you may need to rotate the scope so that you can view sideways. A stay-on case, though, will prevent access to the rotation knob.

John

I think Focalpoint sell a Skua case that fits the Zeiss 85 that was otherwise marketed for a Kowa 60-ish mm scope.

I would disagree about the utility of cases-if you're lucky enough to buy a scope that is would tons of money you want to keep it in good condition. Regret is a bad thing to have when you've dropped a thousand pound scope which hit the floor unpadded/protected by a case.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back