• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic DMC-LZ7 (1 Viewer)

Robin Pearson

Herts irregular
Bought one of these to replace my ageing Canon A95, 6x optical zoom and 7.2 megapixels for about £150. And guess what, it fits my SRB Griturn swing-out adapter for Leica APO with zoom lens a treat, especially with the offset tripod mounting on the camera, really balances it well. Haven't had a chance to actually take any photos with the set up yet, the weather's been so apalling, but when I do I'll post them on here for your delectation. It's also great without the scope, a great little lens with macro for butterflies and the like.

Attachments

• holly_blue.jpg
    holly_blue.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 155
Hi Robin,

Good luck with the new camera....

Intrigued by your sample pic - I have an FZ7 (not for digi-scoping!) and am quite pleased with it. The main downside is that the images are usually pretty noisy, which I understand to be a function of the camera's processor.

I would have expected your sample photo to show the same characteristics but there is little noise to be seen - is this because you have removed it with NeatImage or somesuch, or are all of the pics from this camera noise-free??

Rgds... Ruby

Hi Ruby

No, all I did was crop it a bit using a two-bob utility program.

Much better results than the A95 so far, maybe the IS has a lot to do with it.

Robin

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back