• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

warranty? (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

So I was reading on the warranty in little book and low and behold It says 10 year worldwide warranty??? Pulled out the books on my SLC neu and 8x32 SLC wb it states 30 year worldwide warranty!? So did this change coincide with the release of the swarovisions and SLC HDS? Not that I'm concerned or just let it slip my memory but I don't remember it being discussed? So you pay more and get less warranty coverage?!!! Bryce...

So I was reading on the warranty in little book and low and behold It says 10 year worldwide warranty??? Pulled out the books on my SLC neu and 8x32 SLC wb it states 30 year worldwide warranty!? So did this change coincide with the release of the swarovisions and SLC HDS? Not that I'm concerned or just let it slip my memory but I don't remember it being discussed? So you pay more and get less warranty coverage?!!! Bryce...

Yes, if you go to the warranty sticky, you'll see that Swarovski officially changed their policy and stated that they will no longer stock parts past 10 years.

Unofficially, I was told by a Swaro rep that if you send in your out of warranty bin for repairs, they will do their best to fix it if they have the parts.

EDIT: I just checked and the warranty sticky is gone!

Brock

Last edited:

The cost of insurance has gone up along with everything else.:smoke:

Bob

There has been some chatter in the European Union about what 'spare parts' means in the context of a warranty.

It appears that if a manufacturer only keeps in stock the latest improved parts (eg in binoculars it might be lenses or prisms with the latest coatings) then this doesn't meet the legal criteria for 'maintaining a stock of parts as fitted to the product when it was originally manufactured'.

The improved parts might be a problem for some folks who want to maintain their bins in original specs but might be a godsend to others who send a bin in for maintenance and get back bins that are better than original.

Lee

There has been some chatter in the European Union about what 'spare parts' means in the context of a warranty.

It appears that if a manufacturer only keeps in stock the latest improved parts (eg in binoculars it might be lenses or prisms with the latest coatings) then this doesn't meet the legal criteria for 'maintaining a stock of parts as fitted to the product when it was originally manufactured'.

The improved parts might be a problem for some folks who want to maintain their bins in original specs but might be a godsend to others who send a bin in for maintenance and get back bins that are better than original.

Lee

Lee is right.

It's just a logic follow up because of European Law.
Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski decided/were forced to bring the period back to 10 years.

All three keep stock and still repair bins older then 25 years. It's only legal mambo jambo.

Jan

Lee is right.

It's just a logic follow up because of European Law.
Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski decided/were forced to bring the period back to 10 years.

All three keep stock and still repair bins older then 25 years. It's only legal mambo jambo.

Jan

Jan, that's why I stated I wasn't concerned! Warranty with Swarovski and what they do is tops! It just surprised me when I read it and apparently I missed it! Bryce...

So in North America we still have the limited lifetime warranty but what was said earlier about parts for ten years is stated here on the warranty card. Bryce...

Attachments

• IMG_20140122_124309.jpg
    IMG_20140122_124309.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 39
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back