• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are swarovision 50s less crisp than 42s? (1 Viewer)

andrea86bert

Few weeks ago i had the opportunity to try a 10x50 swarovision side by side with my 8,5x42 sv. I had the sensation of a image a bit less crisp in the 10x50..
I had the same feeling a year ago when I compared a 12x50sv with my former 8x32 sv.

Do you have similar or different experiences about different crispness in diferent sv models?

Andrea

Andrea,

I couldn't say how much sample variation in the top Swarovski models but on the last couple of occasions of compared some I found the ELSV 8.5x42 not as sharp as the 8x32 or the SLC 8x42. I didn't look at the 10x50 those occasions I'm afraid.

David

Andrea,
I did not observe this at all , the 50s I have used were very crisp and bright, actually ore than the 42-s.
Gijs

I owned one for a week and have looked through them many times and have to agree on being crisp and bright.

I settled on the 8x32 for an all around binocular. Its fantastic but didn't give me the wow that I got from the 50's.

Bryce...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back