• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski Adapter for Iphone (1 Viewer)

Well, have had a few days to play with the Swarovski iPhone5/5S adapter using my 10x32 Swarovision Travelers.

Quick review follows -

Cons:
Expensive
Seems to adversely affect the phone signal strength

Pros:
Beautifully made
It works

Here are some pics of the pieces -

Attachments

• ip5a1.jpg
    ip5a1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 211
  • ip5a2.jpg
    ip5a2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 190
  • ip5a3.jpg
    ip5a3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 263
  • ip5a4.jpg
    ip5a4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Here are a few pics using the adapter. The first is un-cropped, shows the vignetting as you see it. It was taken from 190 yards away. Then, a couple more I cropped 'in-camera'.

Thanks to Gordon for getting it when he said he would, sending when he said he would, and charging what he said it would cost.

I'll try to get more pleasing photos in the next few days to show what it is really capable of. Oh, the ring fits the eyepiece of my Nikon 8x32 SE, so that will make for an interesting comparison, no?

John F
LV NV

Attachments

• Tree-resized.jpg
    Tree-resized.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 302
  • MB2-resized.jpg
    MB2-resized.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 291
  • NMock.jpg
    NMock.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 293
Thanks for posting a review when you said you would, with pictures - like you said you would, of birds - that we assumed you would.
You live in a tough area, none of the birds around here could use a chainsaw.
All that being said, the colors came out very, very nice and the images are pretty darn sharp.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting a review when you said you would, with pictures - like you said you would, of birds - that we assumed you would.
You live in a tough area, none of the birds around here could use a chainsaw.
All that being said, the colors came out very, very nice and the images are pretty darn sharp.

A lot of times sellers don't make good on 'promises', you do. Thats all I was clumsily trying to get across.

I've tried a few of the photo apps I've got, and the free IOS iPhone app seems to work by far the best with the adapter.

Not in a great birding area - they don't tend to gamble much.

John F
LV NV

Well, once again, if anyone is interested, we got one in today for the ELs 42/50/Range and we'll have another one in for the ATX/STX on Friday.
The one for the ATS/M and STS/M won't be in for another month or so.

Gordon

Last edited:
Here are a few pics using the adapter. The first is un-cropped, shows the vignetting as you see it. It was taken from 190 yards away. Then, a couple more I cropped 'in-camera'.

Thanks to Gordon for getting it when he said he would, sending when he said he would, and charging what he said it would cost.

I'll try to get more pleasing photos in the next few days to show what it is really capable of. Oh, the ring fits the eyepiece of my Nikon 8x32 SE, so that will make for an interesting comparison, no?

John F
LV NV

Hi John, I am impressed with the pictures! Sorry if I missed it, what model Swarovski binocular did you use?

I'll try to get a couple pics that might show the presence (or lack) of CA on the SV. Will have to wait a day for sunshine though, which is very unusual here! For the Nikon SE fans out there, the 8x32 SE actually works with the adapter, might compare the 2 binocs with pics. Not really fair though as one is 8x and the other 10x.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back