• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 15x56 Conquest? (1 Viewer)

SVS

Is there anybody out there with field experience with the Zeiss Conquest 15x56.
Preferably in comparison to the Swarovski 15x56?
There is a considerable price difference and I was wondering of that is visible in the field at all?

Steven Schoevaart

Hello everyone,

Are the Swarovskis in these tests the current models? I'm somewhat confused.

Roger Vine (scopeviews) makes it clear that he tested the HD model of the SLC 15x56 earlier this year. But the current model on Swarovski's website doesn't have this HD label any more. Does this mean that Swarovski have changed the bins as part of their market repositioning of the SLC range?

Troubador's review doesn't mention the HD label. Does this mean that you tested the model before the HD model, Lee?

And am I right in thinking that this old model, two models before the current model, is called the SLC neu?

BAIK,

John

Last edited:
Troubador's review doesn't mention the HD label. Does this mean that you tested the model before the HD model, Lee?

And am I right in thinking that this old model, two models before the current model, is called the SLC neu?

BAIK,

John

Hi John
My review was published in 2014 and the SLC was not called HD at that time. It was not called SLC Neu either. The New/Nieu was introduced in 2004 according to Gijs van Ginkel's history (go to: http://www.houseofoutdoor.com/docum...-SWAROVSKI-OPTIK-1935-TO-THE PRESENT-TIME.pdf ) and was not the current model when I wrote the review.

I am not a Swaro expert but recall that what I thought was the current SLC has had its close focus distance increased and lost some weight but the current Swaro website gives identical figures for close focus, weight and field of view, as it did at the time I sampled one for the review. I wonder if Swaro has reverted the SLC back to its former close focus and weight.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back