Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 4th July 2017, 12:03   #1
Ian Shepherd

Excellent Repair/Service by Zeiss

On 15th June I sent my 8x42 Victory SF, bought in September 2015, to Zeiss for repair (via my retailer). The bins had 4mm of slack play in the focus, which had become irritating in field use. Today, 4th July, they were returned to me. Zeiss have replaced the centre and single focus drives, sorting the issue and leaving the focus action butter-smooth throughout and without a hint of slack play. They also replaced the eyecups with the updated version, with the extra click-stop, and renewed the grey armour (there was no initial problem with the armour - maybe it was damaged on removal during the repair process). All this for no charge. Superb customer service, for which many thanks to all involved.
Old Tuesday 4th July 2017, 16:24   #2
Loud Green Man

It would appear they are rising to the challenge that is attaining a standard of customer service equal to that of the name that must not be mentioned on this forum.

LGM
Old Saturday 22nd July 2017, 20:27   #3
fluxed

I own the name that cant be mentioned, but not because I dont prefer the Z and L brand. My Zeiss stuff in years past was some of the best. My L bins work with my eyes better for some reason. But the S warranty and bend over backward attitude toward repairs is hard to ignore. If Z is making the same efforts, I would go back.
Old Wednesday 16th August 2017, 08:19   #4
OBinexile

Oh well, I sent my Zeiss binoculars off for a clean/repair in mid May.
Still haven't received so much as a reply subsequent to acknowledgement of receipt, despite several requests for further information. Good thing I have another pair - far too long to remain naked.
Old Wednesday 16th August 2017, 08:40   #5
rosbifs

I can only reiterate how pleased I was with a recent problem and aftersales with my Zeiss.

Mine was as a result of the dog chewing the eyepieces and bit of the body. The binoculars were returned in a 'new' condition - body armour, eyecups, two new eyepieces(!) cleaned etc. free of charge. Unbelievable particularly as I was expecting a quote in the region of a couple of hundred pounds. I should also point out that the bins are 30 years old give or take...

Way beyond the call of duty.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: