• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x25 / 10x25 Zeiss Terra ED Carrying Case (1 Viewer)

b3rd

Reg1stered User
Anyone have any recommendations for a carrying case for the Zeiss Terra ED binoculars with the 25mm objective? Zeiss makes a reasonable one for $30, but just wondering if anyone has tried any others.

My recommendation is not to use one!

For my 8x25 Terras (great little bins, by the way), I bought 4 suitable lens caps (from Opticron), and some 1mm bungee (from eBay). I made small holes through the centres of the lens caps, and threaded the bungee through the holes and through the strap holders on the bins. A bit of tension on the bungee holds the caps in place on the bins. To use the bins, I flick off the lens caps, which just dangle an inch or two beneath the bins. It's more compact, convenient, and lighter than a case - really good if you carry the bins in your pocket, and protects the most vulnerable bits. Probably cheaper than a case too.

I'd include a picture, but my Terra has been at Zeiss UK's service people (the sloppy hinge problem) for three weeks, where "our engineer will be taking a look at it shortly. Please note we are extremely busy at the moment"

Jeff

I sent a Terra 8x25 in for loose hinges back in mid May....they said they will be replacing them instead of repairing...[so be prepared]...but that they had none in stock.......well, got in touch with them 2 weeks ago to see if maybe they forgot about me....they told me "still waiting on a shipment to arrive"....I'd bet they are restocking dealers B4 taking care of people who have already paid and are just waiting for a replacement.....

I really like Zeiss....but...just sayin....think this is just the way big bizz works these days.....

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back