• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Diving/birding combotrip Sulawesi/West Papua november 2018 (1 Viewer)

Arie G

Hello all,

I'm an avid photographer, interested in nature both above and underwater. West Papua and Sulawesi happens to have the best of both worlds, so I'm planning to visit it next year, for a month.

As things are quite expensive in said area I'm looking for other people especially for the birding part. It will be my first independent trip so I think it would be nice to have other(s) to talk to, and ofcourse it's much more beneficial to share transport and room costs.

Apart from the liveaboard the itinirary is not final yet. It will be something like this:

5 days Lembeh diving + tangkoko birding
7 days Arfak mountains (Zeth homestay)
Nov 26 - dec 7 Liveaboard Raja Ampat (Samambaia)
5 days Waigeo Island - looking for Wilson/Red BoP, diving

I'm not an experienced birder, though very enthusiastic. I'm an average diver, around 70 dives.

Feel free to message me!

When You want to start ?
I have time from middle of August.

Sorry for the late reply, right now the initiary will be (probably) like this:

november 10 Lembeh/Tangkoko
november 15 or 16 to 22 Arfaks
november 22 to 25 Raja Ampat Waigeo
Nov 26 Liveaboard still one space free ;)

Regards,
Arie

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back