• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wanted - Small Ringing Pliers and any other old Ringing-Associated Equipment (1 Viewer)

Sy V

It's been suggested that I duplicate this plea here, so if you don't mind:

Wanted by a BTO Bird Ringing Permit Holder.
I have mislaid my small ringing pliers. As you know, the BTO sell these (to permit holding ringers, like myself). However, having asked recent purchasers about their quality, apparently they are not as good as older versions, and to be honest with you, I'd prefer a pair with some use to them.
To this end, if anyone has any older pliers (or any old ringing equipment, for that matter) I'd be very interested. Please drop me a PM.
Thanks for your time.

Simon

i got a pair of the new ones and i have only used them once. i have gone back to pinching other peoples pliers. I'd certainly agree that older ones are better than these new ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back