Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 1st January 2016, 06:34   #1
Dom F

Yorkeys 2016

As the New Year starts I thought I should start a new thread for my rambles around Yorkeys. Not really birding today as family commitments got in the way but I still managed to get my list off to a reasonable start. The year started with a Papuan Frogmouth calling away in the garden closely followed by a Bush Stone-Curlew. The rest of the day has been busy but I managed a few casual observations, in no particular order....
Green Oriole, Spangled Drongo, Welcome swallow, White-breasted Woodswallow, Mistletoebird, Olive-backed Sunbird, Torresian Imperial Pigeon, cicadabird, magpieplarke, Little Bronze-Cuckoo, Rainbow Lorikeet, Crested tern, Silver Gull, Willie Wagtail and Common Myna.
Rather frustratingly there has been a single Little Curlew about 300m away from the edge of the village and despite looking I can see the puddle of water it is in but not the bird.....
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: