• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Complementary to a 12x36 binoculars? (1 Viewer)

albatrosviajero

Hello
I have a Canon 12x36 IS fantastic binocular for trip of birds, also use my wife and I the Pentax Papilio 6.5 x 21, but it is not a good binocular for birds, in my opinion, only "correct" but to observe flowers and insects it's fabulous.
I would like you to recommend us some good binocular for both (my wife and I) we could use it along with the 12x36.
For this very reason, we would like to have between 7x or 8x magnification, not to tremble image, because the 12X is impossible to use without IS, the image trembles too.
Sometimes we have to use a 10X50, and also the image trembles ...
We think 7-8x magnification complementary 12X very well
What is not clear is the diameter of the lens, 30mm or 33mm or perhaps 40 or 42mm.
We usually observe during good weather, when we go out with the "troop! (Several children).
Thanks in advance for your comments and tips
regards
Al.

As binoculars come in many price ranges, it would help us to know how much you want to spend. Or how much you want to stay away from.

Hello
I have a Canon 12x36 IS fantastic binocular for trip of birds, also use my wife and I the Pentax Papilio 6.5 x 21, but it is not a good binocular for birds, in my opinion, only "correct" but to observe flowers and insects it's fabulous.
I would like you to recommend us some good binocular for both (my wife and I) we could use it along with the 12x36.
For this very reason, we would like to have between 7x or 8x magnification, not to tremble image, because the 12X is impossible to use without IS, the image trembles too.
Sometimes we have to use a 10X50, and also the image trembles ...
We think 7-8x magnification complementary 12X very well
What is not clear is the diameter of the lens, 30mm or 33mm or perhaps 40 or 42mm.
We usually observe during good weather, when we go out with the "troop! (Several children).
Thanks in advance for your comments and tips
regards
Al.
There is $100 off Tract products when entering the coupon code ELKCAMP2016 at checkout. The promotion runs through 9/27/2016.
https://www.tractoptics.com/products/binoculars/toric-binoculars

Last edited:
Please give us an idea of your budget for these binoculars and we can make recommendations.

If you mostly go out in good weather and you also enjoy looking at flowers and insects through your binoculars then a 32mm lens size and a close-focus distance of 2 metres would be good.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back