• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing February theme challenge! (1 Viewer)

IanF

'The theme/challenge this month is MEMBER's PHOTO - yes of YOU!

A little different from the norm this month as it's purely a fun theme rather
than a competition - there will be no voting at the end of the month.

As our Members Faces Gallery lacks quite a few entries so we decided to run this theme. Photos can be portrait type, whilst out birding, just to say hello or even sat at your computer as long as it's a photo of you.

Infact whatever you like - provided it's not indecent !

Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2004 gallery.

1. Entries to have been taken in the last six months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry.
3. Entries to be uploaded between 2nd-27th.
4. Entries must be of yourself.
5. Location taken given.
6. Maximum of two entries per member though just one will suffice considering the theme!
7. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening,
contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie.
objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot.
8. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by
another shot. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition
to ensure that your photo meets criteria.

Go on Elizabeth, if I'm posting a photo of my ugly mug I'm sure that your photo will outshine mine :t:

Behave yourself Michael. Remember this line in the guidelines 'Infact whatever you like - provided it's not indecent !'

Not much point in me putting it out, as it is already in use on the forum! Boom Boom! I'll give it a miss unless you decide to put it in yourselves!!

That's right, Nancy

It's like listenig to the radio - you build up your own image of how someone looks from their voice, etc. and when you eventually see them it's always a disappointment!

I'm definitely not entering...

Seeing as this is a bit of fun, can we annotate our pics with ID pointers & field characteristics? 3:)
Just to help other BF members to identify the various species should we encounter one another in the field ;)
(suppose it would be an idea to list any possible confusion species too)

Day 4 - no ciggies - everything's starting to smell weird!!

Shame on you all. It's always nice to be able to put faces to names rather than just avatars. Really our Members Faces Gallery is way under populated.

Mine'll be there too as soon as it brightens up again.

IanF said:
Shame on you all. It's always nice to be able to put faces to names rather than just avatars. Really our Members Faces Gallery is way under populated.

Mine'll be there too as soon as it brightens up again.

If you look really carefully at mine when I submit it, you'll see my avatar pinned to my coat!!
(shame it has to be a recent picture actually - 'cos I've got an extremely spoddy school photo' of me wearing my original YOC badge! - but on second thoughts................)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back