• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing April 2005 theme challenge winner - Searobin (1 Viewer)

IanF

The winner of the April 2005 theme challenge 'Feeder Antics' is Searobin with the entry 'Get off my suet' having attracted 58/325 votes cast.

Congratulations :clap:

Runners up were in second place Common Redpoll by DaveMC with 45 votes which just to say pipped third placed Empress Brilliant by cyfagyal with 44 votes.

A hearty congratulations to everyone who entered and to everyone else for supporting the efforts of the entrants by casting their vote.

Details of the May theme challenge will follow shortly.

Last edited:
Well, this is the nicest thing that happened to me in a while. Whit so many wonderful pictures entered in this month’s competition I am very surprised that so many actually liked my, not so exotic, Starlings. With the gentle and soft Common Redpoll image, my favorite by the way, and the technically superb Empress Brilliant, I am tickled pink to win with a picture which was taken through the closed window :)
Thanks everybody.

Congratulations on your win!! I thought it was a fabulous photo. See??? Even common, not-so-well liked birds are worthy of winning competitions!

Well done.

Well done and congratulations searobin - well deserved for a great photo! Thank you to everyone who voted, it really is a pleasure to come onto this site and share the local fauna with the rest of the world.Dave.

Last edited:
DaveMC said:
Well done and congratulations searobin - well deserved for a great photo! Thank you to everyone who voted, it really is a pleasure to come onto this site and share the local fauna with the rest of the world.Dave.

Thanks Dave and congratulation on your fantastic shot. It is rare in today’s digitally sharp world to produce a warm pic like yours Common Redpoll.
As to your comment about this place we call Bird Forum, I couldn’t say it better.
searobin

Congratulations, searobin, on a photo that fully complied with the 'Antics' in the competition title - a well deserved winner!

Thanks to everyone who voted for my shot and indeed thanks to all those who took the trouble to view all the photos to cast their votes.

Congratulations, Searobin....the photo told a story and did indeed fit the theme perfectly. Nice Job!!!
Muskrat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back