• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whiteness of Image (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

Can anyone chime in on the whiteness of image across the current models (2015 and newer) of the Swarovski line - EL, SLC, Companion, Pocket, Habitch porro?

I've only owned EL and have always admired the neutral color rendition and particularly the whiteness of the image. Unfortunately I've never had opportunity to gaze through other Swaro product side by side with the EL.

Sorry if this has been hashed thru repeatedly, but I don't do well with the search function....

Thanks much,

CG

I am not sure what you mean by "whiteness of an image", that is not a measured factor.

I suppose you mean a neutral color image across the spectrum.

There would be no differences in color that you would notice or would make a change in your decision
for all of the main reasons you would select a binocular. The models you mention are all different in many
ways.

Jerry

Jerry,

What I am getting at is an optics ability to render white... white. Not the slightest variance of a hint off shade. I am under the impression that the EL does this better than the competition and I am wondering how this stacks up in the other Swaro bins.

CG

I find it the color rendition of my 2015 made Habicht 8x30 absolutely amazing, they significantly outshine my Nikon #000 10x42SE and #350 12x50SE in that field.
It s very apparent when viewing a white orchid.
My main interest being the night sky I will nonetheless let go of the Habicht 8x30

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back