• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to correct (1 Viewer)

southcity

This was shot with a Nikon D90
240mm 1/1250 F5.6
Although I love the way you see the pine needles reflected in the open wing I don't like all those spots on the bottom of the picture, what are those and how could I have eliminated them

Attachments

• birds006.jpg
    birds006.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 149
Are you referring to the light spots? If so, I believe it is called bokeh. An easy way to eliminate bokeh is to face in the opposite direction of the light source (sun shining through tree branches.. etc.)... or perhaps use a smaller aperture to have the scene more in focus?

Nothing unusual in the spots, they're usually caused by some out of focus highlight in the background not seen at the time of taking the photo, one way to elimate them is using the clone tool in PS and carefully blend them into the background.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back