• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iceland June 2006 (1 Viewer)

david kelly

Drive-by Birder
Scotland
My wife and I are going to go to Iceland 20-27 June 2006. She's really interested in the geology and we would like information about reasonably priced guides for birding on some days and for geology on other days. We hope to fly out from Glasgow on 20 June and return on 27 June.

Any information will be gratefully received.

TIA

David

The birding will be best if you rent a car for a few days. Whale tours from Reykjavik cover some birds, and there is a boat tour from Stykkisholmur that is a birding tour, it is at least once a day, usually afternoon. You might be able to drive there in that time.

Every tourist shop there sells a slim blue volume that explains all the birding areas. You need a good map to follow it.

Try to get as far as Myvatn. Here is my trip report
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=392210#post392210

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back