• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI. New York in August (1 Viewer)

graeme782

I have five days in New York booked for the last week of August when i'll be based at a hotel near Central Park. It's not really a birding break as it's my wife's 40th birthday present and I've no intention of p***ing her off and attempting to bird the whole time we're there. However it's been decreed that i'm allowed to go into Central Park early in the mornings whilst she's still in bed and enjoy myself before i'm forced to endure the misery that is shopping. 8-P

My question to locals, or people who have visited before, is as follows; Bearing in mind i've been granted four mornings in the park, should i sacrifice two of these mornings in exchange for one (slightly longer) morning at Jamaica Bay. Although i've been to NY before i've never birded there so most of the stuff will be new. Will there be enough in the park to keep me busy or should i be going further afield. Obviously the range of species would be different but would there be stuff present that i wouldn't get in a March/April trip to Florida which i'm planning in the next year or so.

All (sensible) answers to my conundrum accepted and thanks in advance.

Graeme

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back