• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching in Selsey area (1 Viewer)

Remote

Hi

If anyone has advice reagrding birdwatching in the Selesey are it would be much appreciated. I'll be donw there for a week in the middle of August.

Cheers

Pagham Harbour and the other side of Pagham Harbour (not sure what it's called) are both excellent and only minutes from Selsey. Also try the Church Norton area.
Cheers, Mike.

Hi Remote

Here's a link to the Opus page for Pagham Harbour; you can walk to the Severals and Church Norton from Selsey, though if you're really keen you can walk right round to the Lagoon!

Not far from Pagham are the Chichester Gravel Pits and there's a hide at Chichester Marina.

D

Hi Remote

Here's a link to the Opus page for Pagham Harbour; you can walk to the Severals and Church Norton from Selsey, though if you're really keen you can walk right round to the Lagoon!

Not far from Pagham are the Chichester Gravel Pits and there's a hide at Chichester Marina.

D

Hi Delia

Thats really helpful, thanks. I might well attempt a full tour of the lagoon!

On another subject, you'll make my day if you can help identify this bird I saw at the weekend - http://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=339613&d=1312281732

Suggestions so far are its either a young Pied or Yellow wagtail.

Hey!!! I don't do ID's LOL However I agree it's a wagtail and Pied certainly do show some yellow on them in the early stages. Have a look at the Opus page for Pied then explore the Gallery from there.

D

Hey!!! I don't do ID's LOL However I agree it's a wagtail and Pied certainly do show some yellow on them in the early stages. Have a look at the Opus page for Pied then explore the Gallery from there.

D

Hi Delia

I think you're right. I was hoping it was Yellow but the photo in the Opus looks very similar to my bird. You're clearly not giving your ID'ing skills enough credit :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back