• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spoon-billed Sandpipers in China (1 Viewer)

We're looking for fundings from Disney for next spring's Spooner Survey in Rudong.
I guess someone may be interested in voting for us.
http://disney.go.com/projectgreen/

http://disney.go.com/projectgreen/explorevote.html

The vote opens at the end of this month.U need to register to vote.
Thanks in advance!

I see this vote has opened now. I've tried registering but it appears it is only open to US residents? US zip code needed. Any tips as I want to vote and encourage all my UK friends to do so.

K

I've tried also, including putting a known zip code in, I guess it could tell from the ip address that I was 'testing'. For Americans only I think, nothing on Disney's British site.

I'll ask my Chinese friends how they did it.
Anyway thanks for all u guys,although I dont think a Spooner is so attractive as a mammal sp. !

thanks KFC!
Yesterday I walked 7km along the seawall.No birds roosting inside the seawall were found at all.When the tide went down and birds came back to feed,there were only hundreds of Dunlin.No Spooner was seen.
No time to search another hightide roost/low tide feeding ground.Maybe next month.

Spooner wont get many votes since the vote is not open to Chinese(I mean no Chinese page) although the project is in China and also Disneylands are in HK and Shanghai.
Meanwhile,we're still monitoring Rudong esp. for Spooner.No wintering record in Dec and Jan until now.
After a warm autumn,this winter is suddenly colder than usual. Waiting to see when Spooner will come back.

Suddenly Spooner got No.1.
And suddenly the news from Birdlife says it's for 3 years',not 2 years' work as I knew.
Hope there're enough guys to help for such a long term work.

Suddenly Spooner got No.1.
And suddenly the news from Birdlife says it's for 3 years',not 2 years' work as I knew.
Hope there're enough guys to help for such a long term work.

Great news. Whenever I looked it was 3rd but perhaps it is to do with adding together all the votes from the different country's Disney websites.

Anyway, well done to everyone who voted. I hope the money is well-spent and really pushes forward our knowledge of spoon-billed sandpipers. Perhaps Birdlife/Christoph Zockler could be involved to make sure research adds to what they are doing?

Well done Mcaribou for starting this and keeping us updated.

K

Good stuff, worth all them votes then Ken :-O

I think Christoph, Evgeny and the team from Arcona are involved.

Keep up the good work Mcaribou, need any help ;)

Great TRIP,Gretchen!
Also I see a link of donation and see the name of KFC in this forum:)
Again the problem is that is there any Chinese page for Chinese people to donate,who use Zhifubao much more than Paypal?

Great TRIP,Gretchen!
Also I see a link of donation and see the name of KFC in this forum:)
Again the problem is that is there any Chinese page for Chinese people to donate,who use Zhifubao much more than Paypal?

Perhaps you could suggest this to the Chinese Wild Bird Federation, as they are the Birdlife Partner in China. I'm sure you are right and it could be a good source of new funds.

Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back