• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wanted: Birds (1 Viewer)

solarrobor

Hi

One day last year I made a list of 27 birds I had to see. Of those 27 I just have 7 left to see:

- Common Kingfisher
- Waxwing
- Winchat
- Ring Ouzel
- Dartford Warbler
- Bearded Reedling
- Tree Sparrow

Which is the closest place(s) to Bishops Cleeve, Glos. where I can see these?

:king:

Hi

One day last year I made a list of 27 birds I had to see. Of those 27 I just have 7 left to see:

- Common Kingfisher
- Waxwing
- Winchat
- Ring Ouzel
- Dartford Warbler
- Bearded Reedling
- Tree Sparrow

Which is the closest place(s) to Bishops Cleeve, Glos. where I can see these?

:king:

living in herefordshire i go to gloucestershire alot

kingfisher: most rivers/lakes have them but you will have to find their favoured perches to get much more than a fleeting glimpse but slimbridge has them and will give you more of a chance

Waxwing: check the latest sightings map in winter as this is a scarce winter visitor: sometimes there is an invasion year sometimes there are very few indeed, to be in with a chance of finding one for youself visit places with lots of rowan trees in winter.

Winchat: i have only seen once myself and that was when i twitched the marmoras warbler in the blorenge gwent. if you go now you will not be disapointed!

Ring ouzel: visit some moors/hills at migration times(spring/ autumn) but dont expect to get good views as they are very wary.

Dartford warbler: you will have to go down south or to east anglia try rspb arne in dorset or rspbaylesbeare in devon.

Bearded readling: you will have to go down south or east try rspb radipole in dorset.

Tree sparrow: youare just about on the westernmost bit of its range but to have a better chance go north east to the midlands and visit some arable farmland.
rutland water is the only place i have seen them: if you want a bit of a longer trip they are almost guaranteed there!

hope you see all of these birds and more

happy birding

Espen

edit: why do youhave a namibia flag if you live in gloucester?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back