• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Bird to Me in North Central Texas?? (1 Viewer)

Scrogdog

I just observed two birds sitting on my backfence and was able to get a pretty good photo of one of them before they flew. Haven't seen this one since I became interested in bird watching. What have I got here?

Gary

Edit: Looking in my field guide, the only bird I see that looks similar is a juvenile Eastern Bluebird and I do have adult Bluebirds around my home.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
You've got a juvenile Eastern Bluebird. Odd that Sibley does not illustrate one but if you look at the other Bluebirds you get the idea.

Mark

My American Bird Conservancy Field Guide does show a juvenile bluebird illustration. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a clue. Thanks for the feedback.

Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back