• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagle at Fontana Dam 12-13-16 (1 Viewer)

David in NC

Rode up yesterday (in a Toyota) with a buddy who bikes this area often, just as a road trip for a day off. He was the first to see the eagle, coming up from the face of the dam (and I'm supposed to be the birdwatcher!) It made a couple of circuits from the shallows at the base (Little Tennessee River) up the dam, and over and around and back down the lake.

It was pretty overcast but my motto regarding the national symbol is "Any day you see a bald eagle is a GOOD day!" :t:

I'd carried the 7DMKII with 18-135 but wished I'd had the 100-400L II (!)

Attachments

• 2F1A9056.jpg
    2F1A9056.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 100
I was in an airplane leaving the states when you posted this. Bald Eagles are pretty uncommon here in the mountains; I've only seen one a few years back that stopped at Beaver Lake in North Asheville during migration in the fall. There's not many other birds so well known that just about everyone can identify and enjoy without any claims to being a birder. I'll bet even Donald Trump thinks they're cool!

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back