• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central Park (1 Viewer)

Mike Montier

I have just returned from a brief visit to New York but I did get a morning off to visit Central Park. I joined an organised tour with "Birding Bob" and had one of the best mornings birding of my life, unforgettable. Bob was away so the walk was led by the delightful Deb Allen. We began near the Conservatory Gardens and I was immediately greeted by an American robin,Blue Jay and Catbird. The action continued unabated with Mourning dove and Mockingbird.Entering the woods produced amazing birds: Cardinal,Song sparrow,Common yellowthroat,Red-eyed vireo, the incredible American redstarts,Magnolia warbler,Canada warbler,Ruby-throated hummingbird,Carolina wren, Black and white warbler,Swainsons thrush,Baltimore oriole,Veery,Downy woodpecker to name but a few. These are just the highlights. The whole experience knocked my socks off and I had to take a rest for a while as I was a bit emotional. All the birds mentioned I had seen photos of in British magazines and dreamt of seeing. Here I was experiencing them for real. It is a tour I will never forget, those vivid colours imprinted on my mind. It was so good I know I will just have to come back. I am now reading about all the birds that are being seen in Central Park at the moment and all I can think about is getting back there. I will do one day, soon! Good birding, Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

I am happy to read that you had such a successful day in Central Park. I always recommend Birding Bob's tours for those new to the Park.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Sounds like you had a great trip in one of my old stomping grounds. Delighted you saw so many birds. You picked a great time for this trip.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back