• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

transferring files from iPad to PC (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Hi

I want to transfer files - especially videos/photos - from iPads/iPod touches to PCs. A search on the web gives a number of software possibilities. Anyone got any thoughts on the best one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I want to transfer files - especially videos/photos - from iPads/iPod touches to PCs. A search on the web gives a number of software possibilities. Anyone got any thoughts on the best one?

Thanks in advance.

Could you just email the files to yourself?

The problem is synching through itunes... Apple are awkward with some of their stuff!!

I use and am very pleased with Photo Transfer App by ERCLab http://www.erclab.com for transfer of photos & videos between my i-pad and pc by WiFi. ERCLab has a few other interesting looking APPs as well.
Hope this is of help.

Last edited:
Can you not just use a file browser and then drag and drop them? I use this method to transfer material between my phone and computer.

Another vote for Dropbox - will allow you to share the files with your other computers - and indeed with anyone else very easily. As well as simply sharing the files it will also synchronise them between different machines which may or may not be a benefit to you.

Can you not just use a file browser and then drag and drop them? I use this method to transfer material between my phone and computer.

It doesn't work with Apple stuff. The computer doesn't recognise the iPad as an external hard drive in the way it does just about anything else!

I'll look into the Dropbox option.

Cheers

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back