• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss FL 8X42 (1 Viewer)

dries1

Just curious, I am looking for a FL 8X42, the last model that is discontinued, if purchased from Europe, will the warranty be valid here in the US?

A.W.

Just curious, I am looking for a FL 8X42, the last model that is discontinued, if purchased from Europe, will the warranty be valid here in the US?

A.W.
It doesn't sound like it. From Zeiss Warranty.

"Only products imported by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. and purchased in the
United States or Canada from authorized Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
dealers carry this Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty. Carl Zeiss
Optical, Inc. will not provide warranty service for products purchased
through unauthorized dealers."

I wouldn't worry too much about being without a warranty on an FL though if you get a good price. They didn't have too many problems like the newer Zeiss and optically they are very close and probably a better bargain. Here's a nice one from the UK on Ebay for $1357.31 from Ace Optics which is a good dealer. They have 100% feedback.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-8x42...139297?hash=item1c9db79861:g:5~gAAOSwhWFaVKxX

Last edited:

A.W.

I know you are probably a little gun-shy right now about binocular purchases! BUT.... I purchased a green NIB FL 10X42 from GREECE, eBay. I knew there MIGHT be a problem with a US warranty situation but, I really didn't even worry about a warranty issue. I can't even think of a warranty issue with an FL lately at all. I can't remember the last time I even heard of one. Needless to say....FANTASTIC binocular! I have the 7X42, 8X42, and 10X42 FLs....use the 7X42 and 10X42 WAY more.... I just have other 8X42s I like better I suppose...

Chuck,

Re the FL, I have the 8X32 and it is a great glass, and for sure a keeper, it has less distortion than the 8X42, but the build of the FLs I believe is excellent. I think I am going to view any new high-end binos going forward.
I am going to ponder this going forward, but I have many binos to continue to enjoy the view.

A.W.

Fl

It doesn't sound like it. From Zeiss Warranty.

"Only products imported by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. and purchased in the
United States or Canada from authorized Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
dealers carry this Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty. Carl Zeiss
Optical, Inc. will not provide warranty service for products purchased
through unauthorized dealers."

I wouldn't worry too much about being without a warranty on an FL though if you get a good price. They didn't have too many problems like the newer Zeiss and optically they are very close and probably a better bargain. Here's a nice one from the UK on Ebay for $1357.31 from Ace Optics which is a good dealer. They have 100% feedback.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-8x42...139297?hash=item1c9db79861:g:5~gAAOSwhWFaVKxX

Dennis,

Thanks for the update, I was looking at that one, but man I would hate to have to send to Europe just for maintenance if needed.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back