• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

A Gannet has been spotted heading west over Draycote. Possibly one of the two or three that have been seen heading west through Northants?

Gareth

Yes it flew over the Country Park, didn't even look at the water just kept heading west. I wasn't up there looking at the nice view of the pond ;)
Lesser Scaup in Toft Bay this afternoon.

John

Draycote this afternoon

Black Tern (9)
Lesser Scaup (1)
Ringed Plover (1)
Curlew Sandpiper (1)

All from Hensborough Bank to Rainbow Corner

Draycote the morning

Drake Lesser Scaup still off Hensborough Bank
Ruff near Grays Barn

Also reported near the inlet but not seen by me:
Dunlin
Ringed Plover
Common Sandpiper

Lesser Scaup showed well both Sat 9th & Sun 10th Oct in Toft bay also 1 Wheatear & 30+ Redwing

Attachments

• _F5P0694_filtered.jpg
    _F5P0694_filtered.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi,i was at Draycote on Sunday and i'm pretty sure the bird i had along the rocky bank c100 yards from the boathouse was a water pippet,can anyone confirm this,definately wasn't a meadow pippet,thanks.

Hi,i was at Draycote on Sunday and i'm pretty sure the bird i had along the rocky bank c100 yards from the boathouse was a water pippet,can anyone confirm this,definately wasn't a meadow pippet,thanks.

There are Meadow pipits present - I saw some on Saturday afternoon. This does not mean other species are not present too.

There are Meadow pipits present - I saw some on Saturday afternoon. This does not mean other species are not present too.

yeah i saw lots of m pipits,this was different though,dark legs a stripe above the eye,i've never seen one before,just wondered if they would be expected there at this time of year.

Earlswood Lakes, 15/10/2010

Juvenile Kittiwake at Windmill Pool for several minutes mid-morning. Also female Pintail at Terry's Pool, and Dunlin over.
Matt

Great Grey Shrike - Napton on the Hill

Great Grey Shrike at Napton on the Hill. On wires along old road to Napton Industrial Estate, but mobile.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back