• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Topcon (Tokyo kogaku) Binoculars known? (Vintage) (1 Viewer)

Kowaist

Hi Collectors an Historicans,

has anyone ever seen or heard about Topcon /
Tokyo Kogaku Kikai Kabushikikaisha / Tokyo Optical Co., Ltd. binoculars.

Topcon is nowadays in topographic optics and were the hardest japanese contenders of Professional SLR vs. Nikon F in the 60s... (Topcon RE)

The company is JB28 in the JB List.

As I am colleting topcon in the camera area, I might want to find any bino of them... Ever seen one, or maybe they only did some as military supply in WWII, Topcon was one of the largest optical supplier of the japanese then...?

happy collecting:hi:

Harry

Last edited:
Hi Collectors an Historica,

Topcon is nowadays in topographic optics and were the hardest japanese cintenders of Profession SLR vs. Nikon F in the 60s... (Topcon RE)

As I am colleting topcon in the camera area, I might want to find any bino of them... Ever ssen one, or maybe they only did some as military supply in WWII, Topcon was one of the largest optical supplier of the japanese then...

Harry
Hi Harry,

Since you are a camera boy, I assume you are familiar with Photokina in Köln where (in the optics hall) all the current Far East OEM's are represented.

Jan

Kowaist, post 1,
Topcon used to be a well-made camera line some decades ago, but I have not heard from them for quite a few years under that brand name.
Gijs van Ginkel

Kowaist, post 1,
Topcon used to be a well-made camera line some decades ago, but I have not heard from them for quite a few years under that brand name.
Gijs van Ginkel

They are a big player today in measurement optics and eye mecidical optics...

http://www.topcon.eu

And the Topcon RE was on par with a Nikon F and the lenses were superb...

greeting to the neighbour

Harry

The Topcon DM is well made and Nikon quality but the Exacta bayonet was not a good choice as it is too small a mount.
I have this and also the 300mm f/2.8 Topcon, which is a good performer but excessively long.
This long lens I used on a Minolta with a Minolta to Exacta adapter.

There may be some Topcon binoculars, I cannot remember.

Hi Collectors an Historicans,

Topcon is nowadays in topographic optics and were the hardest japanese contenders of Professional SLR vs. Nikon F in the 60s... (Topcon RE)

As I am colleting topcon in the camera area, I might want to find any bino of them... Ever seen one, or maybe they only did some as military supply in WWII, Topcon was one of the largest optical supplier of the japanese then...?

Harry
hi

I own some binoculars from these guys, it took ages to find out where they were from but there's a JE18 & JB86 code on them, the JE18 links the body of the binoculars back to Tokyo Kogaku Kikai.

serg

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back