• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Many bird species on the brink of extinction (1 Viewer)

Hi bud,
The big problem we face is that the majority of the population could'nt care less.....as long as they can go to a big store and buy the latest high tech tv,thats all they really care about.
This planet and all it's natural treasures are the last thing on most peoples minds,until we can change this aparthy,more animals will become extinct and the planet will die a little bit more.....im afraid that is the harsh reality

Hi bud,
The big problem we face is that the majority of the population could'nt care less.....as long as they can go to a big store and buy the latest high tech tv,thats all they really care about.
This planet and all it's natural treasures are the last thing on most peoples minds,until we can change this aparthy,more animals will become extinct and the planet will die a little bit more.....im afraid that is the harsh reality
Hit the nail on the head there Neil!
Homo sapiens are the only species a lot of people care about.
I'm not sure how we can change the mind-set.
I spent years working with young kids taking them out birdwatching, pond dipping and going out into the countryside. At an early age they used to get really excited and interested in the natural world.
Years later when I bump into them they have no interest in the natural world around them.
My only hope is that when they grow a bit older the seeds will bear fruit and they'll have some sort of interest in nature and conservation.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back