• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information on Bald Eagles (1 Viewer)

JamesonWM93

so recently I've seen an eagle around my house and just the other day out in the woods I saw what I believe to be the nest.
if this is the nest I would love to try to get some good pictures of the eagle but have a few questions to help me better understand the bird

1. Do eagles have multiple nests or if it is the nest would this be it's only one
2. Do eagles lay eggs every year and if so when might the eagle lay eggs I live in Indiana
3. Could this be a male and there may not be any eggs in the nest at all
4. If this is its nest wart stay around for a long period of time or might it decide to get up and leave to a new location for any reason.
5. is there any other information to know about an eagle to help me get good pictures but I did not think of

First time posting sorry if this is in the wrong spot thanks for the help

Hi Jameson and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

First of all I doubt very much that the eagle is nesting just now. But in any case PLEASE DO NOT try getting close to a nest with eggs and young, you will only cause the adults to desert the nest. In any case I believe that it is an offence to cause any disturbance to these birds at or near the nest in the US.

Some birds are very sensitive to human interference at breeding time.

You can find some information about your laws here.

I do hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hello and welcome to the forum. According to the Cornell lab of ornithology eagles are only in Ohio during the winter - non breeding season. You will still want to stay away from its roost so as not to disturb it to much.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Jameson and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

First of all I doubt very much that the eagle is nesting just now. But in any case PLEASE DO NOT try getting close to a nest with eggs and young, you will only cause the adults to desert the nest. In any case I believe that it is an offence to cause any disturbance to these birds at or near the nest in the US.

Some birds are very sensitive to human interference at breeding time.

You can find some information about your laws here.

I do hope you enjoy your time here with us.

do not worrie I plan on useng a very good lens so that I can stay as far away form the bird as far as psaabme the 2nd thing I is want some good pictures of if the fist thing g I want it to obtain them with effecting the bids evey day to day life as little as possible

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back