• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Dragonflies (1 Viewer)

firstreesjohn

For the second year running, and in almost exactly the same place yesterday.

Well found by Mark Clements on 30th ult.

I believe it'll take more than the one male for breeding to occur, tho'.

Attachments

• P1640784pse Red-veined Darter Beeston Bog.jpg
    P1640784pse Red-veined Darter Beeston Bog.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 160
Two Red-veined Darters were still around the artificial toad pools at Winterton Dunes yesterday, and at least two Lesser Emperors present at Whitlingham Great Broad today (found by Dave Andrews). One was at the east end of the broad and another south of the main island.

I'm over in Norfolk Dragonfly hunting Tuesday...just wondered if ther'd been any more recent reports of the RVDs at WInterton or the Lesser Emperor at OLB? (Particularly keen on the later as it s anew species for me!)
Given the weather and the weekend i thought a few more people might have been out with some "gen" for me :)

I would assume that both of those are still present at Winterton & Ormesby. Another Lesser Emperor was found today at Selbrigg Pond in North Norfolk, plus at least one last week at Whitlingham Great Broad is probably still around, so between them you should see one with a bit of time put in.

I'm over in Norfolk Dragonfly hunting Tuesday...just wondered if ther'd been any more recent reports of the RVDs at WInterton or the Lesser Emperor at OLB? (Particularly keen on the later as it s anew species for me!)
Given the weather and the weekend i thought a few more people might have been out with some "gen" for me :)

Probable male lesser emperor on small pool along East Trail, Titchwell RSPB reserve. Seen briefly this morning but no further sign this afternoon but 1+ red veined darter present

Paul

Just a WARNING to any going for the Lesser Emperor at Ormsby Little Broad
Car Thieves are operating in the area!!! I had my car broken into today...the rear windscreen glass smashed and items stolen from the boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back