• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 (1 Viewer)

jmeneses

Hello Everybody
I have just joinned the Birdforum.net.
Did anyone has already tried the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 with digiscoping (even a not commercial version) or what do you think about this idea?
Jorge

My guts feeling say that there's a small chance that it will work properly without vignetting. Two major reasons - one, the maximal aperture is 2.8, meaning the lens has a big front element - not promising. The second reason is the large zoom range. This is usually not good for digiscoping which likes X3 - X 4 zoom range.
I maybe wrong though.

Aperture

The Leica D Lux-2 has the same aperture and the Leica Companny says that it is great for digiscoping. The Panasonic has a 10X range which with a 32X Leica APO Televid Scope would give a 320X range...
Thank you for your reply
Jorge

yossi said:
My guts feeling say that there's a small chance that it will work properly without vignetting. Two major reasons - one, the maximal aperture is 2.8, meaning the lens has a big front element - not promising. The second reason is the large zoom range. This is usually not good for digiscoping which likes X3 - X 4 zoom range.
I maybe wrong though.

I can only tell you that I've purchased a Nikon CP S4, that has only an F:3.5 maximal aperture, has internal focus like the great CP4500 and CP990 - the ideal cameras for digiscoping, a large screen and a 38-380mm zoom range (X10).
It's totally useless for digiscoping.

Digiscoping

yossi said:
I can only tell you that I've purchased a Nikon CP S4, that has only an F:3.5 maximal aperture, has internal focus like the great CP4500 and CP990 - the ideal cameras for digiscoping, a large screen and a 38-380mm zoom range (X10).
It's totally useless for digiscoping.

Thank you once more for your information
Jorge

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back