• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starlings and Suet (1 Viewer)

Good morning.

Our window feeders are up and running and stating to attract the local birds. Black Capped Chickadee's are present, but being dissuaded by the flock of Starling's that have come to devour the suet cakes.

My question is, is there a type of suet that Starling's dont' care for, or won't attract as many of them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Around my place, the starlings first choice is my homemade peanut butter suet; their 2nd choice is store bought suet and their least favorite choice, in fact, they don't eat it except during the dead of winter, is plain white suet which I buy at Wild Birds Unlimited.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to head up to Wild Birds Unlimited to give it a try. For now, I think I am going to quit feeding the peanut butter and store bought suet. The large flocks of Starlings are keeping the other birds away.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back