• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goldcrest has started to favour our birch tree (1 Viewer)

wotcha

Although still relatively new to active birding I have been a casual watcher for many years, but never until this week had I ever experienced the joy of witnessing a Goldcrest. In fact tbh I'd rather given up hope, assuming that it must be something of a rarity around our neck of the woods.

Now all of a sudden within the last few days I've spotted one a couple of times in our sliver birch. Maybe it has been a regular all along but I just didn't have the eye or the camera to pick it out before.

No doubt the thing that's made all the difference for me has been acquiring a Canon SX50 which enables me to zoom in on birds I'd previously overlooked, on the assumption that every one of the tiny little birds I could see flitting around our birch tree must always be a tit.

Anyway here's a clip of this delightful little bird that I've just uploaded to YouTube.

http://youtu.be/1zPq8uTBpsg

They are fast and furious flitters, aren't they? We have one visiting our silver birch every so often and I am always delighted to see him.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back