• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirm Blue Headed Vireo Vermont USA (1 Viewer)

steveo

King Midas in reverse
Im fairly sure this is a blue headed Vireo, Its my fist so I want to be sure.

Attachments

• poss blue vireo 002.jpg
    poss blue vireo 002.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 123
Indeed it is. Is this a recent shot? How long do Blue-headed Vireos remain in Vermont as fall approaches?

I took this shot about 10:30am this morning in my yard, I was walking around the perimeter hoping to get a shot of a red breasted nuthatch when this vireo flew into view.

steveo said:
I took this shot about 10:30am this morning in my yard, I was walking around the perimeter hoping to get a shot of a red breasted nuthatch when this vireo flew into view.

Nice picture! It's definitely a blue-headed vireo - note the "white spectacles".

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back