• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First bird of 2018 (1 Viewer)

Probably the same as Nutcracker as the Tawnies have been quite vocal in the trees the past few nights....but realistically I think my first bird will be Jackdaw as they're pretty common on Alnwick.

Usually a Herring Gull. Hopefully something else, for a change (and if I get out before the sun comes up I might get a Robin or a Blackbird instead).

Most of our UK members will be getting a lifer or two immediately after midnight when the BOU official taxonomy changes. So arguably mine will be Tundra bean goose. But other than that I guess it's likely to be a robin or a dunnock.

Can't ever remember hearing fireworks at New Year here before - but someone had a party in the next village tonight. Just after they finished a pair of Tawnys welcomed in 2018 - the female's calling as I write :t:

Happy New Year B :)

Well, heard some fireworks going off too, for some reason or another. Looked out the window to see some Jackdaws scared out of their roost in front of Wetherspoons. Then noticed a blob in the tree outside the window - a pigeon, got the bins and suspicions correct in it being a Collared Dove. Major surprise here in the middle of town.

Mallard - a pair photographed on my traditional post-midnight patrol up and down the brook to find Bird No. 1 of the year.

Happy New Year Everyone: ticks, no dips, good company!

John

Mallard - a pair photographed on my traditional post-midnight patrol up and down the brook to find Bird No. 1 of the year.

Happy New Year Everyone: ticks, no dips, good company!

Yes, Happy New Year all.

Have a photo of my second bird of the year ... cracking shot, not ...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back