• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Handbook of the Mammals of the World (1 Viewer)

Still not got mine..................

Andy

Looks like for once, I was in the fast lane. Usually, I'm in the same boat as you, but this time, the book arrived in mid August. I placed my standing subscription directly at the publishers. So even then, one can be among the early or the late receivers.

Last edited:
I'd be worried about that - have they actually placed an order on your behalf?

cheers, alan

I spoke with Duncan 3 weeks ago about it and they still hadn't got any, it's not on the way as yet either as my account hasn't been debited?

A

Last edited:
I spoke with Duncan 3 weeks ago about it and they still hadn't got any, it's not on the way as yet either as my account hasn't been debited?

A

Why don't you just cancel this order and order one directly at Lynx edicions, that should ensure you have one in about 1 week time...

Why don't you just cancel this order and order one directly at Lynx edicions, that should ensure you have one in about 1 week time...

I have a significant pre-publication price in place which will save me almost £30 plus free delivery.

I don't need it so desperately but am frustrated that others have had theirs for over a month now.

Andy

Last edited:
I spoke with my supplier again.

He told me that Lynx, reverse their despatch order each year changing from A to Z to Z to A in order to keep it fair?

If youre a dealer whose name begins with Z or in this case W, you'll be at the end of the queue this year but the Lynx system aims to prevent that from being the case every time.

I don't expect to see my book for another two weeks based on todays conversation.

Andy

And I still don't have one!

Impossible to know who to blame, can't image Wildsounds would choose to be in this situation, Duncan is as peeved as anyone would be about this.

I don't 'need' it desperately so will wait, as I said, the pre-pub offer is worth having, it's just frustrating when some have had theirs for well over 2 months.

A

Last edited:
And I still don't have one!

Impossible to know who to blame, can't image Wildsounds would choose to be in this situation, Duncan is as peeved as anyone would be about this.

I don't 'need' it desperately so will wait, as I said, the pre-pub offer is worth having, it's just frustrating when some have had theirs for well over 2 months.

A

I think 2 months are long enough. My longest waiting time was 9 weeks from a book order from NHBS. Maybe your book dealer has a problem to dispatch this book.

I think 2 months are long enough. My longest waiting time was 9 weeks from a book order from NHBS. Maybe your book dealer has a problem to dispatch this book.

It's actually been about 10 weeks since people first got theirs. According to my supplier, he just cannot get them from Lynx, he doesn't have them to send?

Andy

Short on patience now, still not got mine and they're going for silly prices already on Amazon, is this due to a shortage in supply?

On the verge of cancelling with Wildsounds now and just getting one from Lynx. I've never had an issue of any kind with them previously but add to this that they haven't answered my last 2 e-mails over the last 2 weeks? I just mailed them again and I'll give them until Monday to reply then I'll go to Lynx, I've been more than patient which is very unlike me!

Andy

Last edited:
Short on patience now, still not got mine and they're going for silly prices already on Amazon, is this due to a shortage in supply?

On the verge of cancelling with Wildsounds now and just getting one from Lynx. I've never had an issue of any kind with them previously but add to this that they haven't answered my last 2 e-mails over the last 2 weeks? I just mailed them again and I'll give them until Monday to reply then I'll go to Lynx, I've been more than patient which is very unlike me!

Andy

Try see if they are answering actual phone calls.

Niels

He mailed me today, an issue with the original order size following clients who tragically died and others who bought elswhere having ordered with him leaving him with a stock of unwanted books.

He mentions other issues with binding quality and damaged books as well as other personal matters but assures me HMW and Indonesia are being shipped by Lynx on the 7th.....we'll wait and hope!

A

Hooorayyyyyy,
got it today in the same box as the new Indonesian guide.

Only three and a half months after everyone else, must be a record!

Andy

New information concerning chapter authors and volume details now available on the Lynx website

Thank you. Interesting that they split the family Dipodidae into three families in contrast to Wilson/Reeder (2005) who include Zapodinae and Sicistinae as subfamilies of Dipodidae. And for the birch mice they use the new family name Sminthidae instead of Sicistidae. (based on this revision http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/mam.12058/abstract)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back