• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird charity plans seabird centre (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

I overheard some RSPB people at Bempton today talking about installing a camera on top of the gannet arch, with panning capabilities etc.!

Also, the chap in the report talks about making it a year-round visitor destination-bit tricky in December!!!

The emphasis on yesterdays cruise seemed to be that it would be fantastic because they could get more vistors in, I wouldn't consider a visit at weekends so more people on weekdays doesn't please me. Perhaps they should change them to resorts rather than reserves?

I understand (but may be wrong) that it has been the most visited reserve this year, although it will be quiet 'til next year now. That's a massive revenue stream that needs to be capitalised on. The woman with the organic van in the car park has done a friendly and great trade so imagine how much the RSPB could generate with a nice cafe. Just think it may be possible to visit and not even have to go to the cliffs to see the birds. Sounds great...

...on the plus side I did hear there were plans to develop a small migrant trap to encourage more ardent birders well into Autumn.

Hopefully the money will be found to resurface the road to the reserve as well, although I'll still prefer parking at North Landing and walking along the cliff towards the reserve.
Lets hope that the volunteers at the new centre will be able to id the birds;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back