• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forums and graphics (1 Viewer)

wilder

Chris (tine)
Hi everyone,

I have posted a couple of times since joining, and am gradually finding my way around the site. Is there a list of forums anywhere, or is it best just to seach using a keyword? Also, what do the flashing bird symbols mean, and what are the envelope symbols for?

I am totally sure that I am making an idiot of myself (which I have done once already, when I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread!) but, well, if you don't ask..............

Chris

Hi Chris

the flashing bird tells you there is a new post in that forum since last you logged on.

as to the envelope well if its got an arrow from it means you've posted to that thread. Can't remember the rest !!

ttfn

Hi Chris

List of Forums: Go to top left of the page - red bar just beneath the title banner - "Forums" - click there for a list (some of the forums have sub forums)

Flashing Bird: Posts made into this forum since you last logged on.

Envelopes: I don't remember exactly, but they indicate threads with upto and over 5 posts and also "active" threads.... it's on one of the pages somewhere.

Easiest of all though is to select "Go" next to "Forums: New Posts" just below the time - right hand side of the page about a third of the way down.

:t:

A closed envelope is a thread you've not yet read - an open envelope is one you have read. The colour changes depending how many replies the thread contains.

There used to be a key at the bottom of the main forum page, but it appears to have disappeared. It only shows the bird symbol and what a closed thread looks like.

Neither can I Diane...I had begun to wonder if I really was daft!

Thanks to everyone for the explanations. Now all I have to do is remember them! Think I need to attach a note to my computer.

Someone else is using the family brain cell today!

Chris

Thought it might just be this computer, but obviously not. I could swear they were there a while ago.

Also, you might find answers to some questions HERE - if not, just ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back