• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamrac Expedition backpack (1 Viewer)

greg g

I have been looking for a backpack to carry my scope and gear in. Has anyone tried the Tamrac Expedition 5, 7 or 8 series? I see that the inside dimension of each is 13.5", 16" or 20.5". Most spotting scopes are 13" to 20" long. What do you use to carry your scope, eyepieces, camera and accessories all day over hill and dale? Saying your partner is not what I'm looking for. I' the guy that will be carrying hers...

greg g said:
I have been looking for a backpack to carry my scope and gear in. Has anyone tried the Tamrac Expedition 5, 7 or 8 series? I see that the inside dimension of each is 13.5", 16" or 20.5". Most spotting scopes are 13" to 20" long. What do you use to carry your scope, eyepieces, camera and accessories all day over hill and dale? Saying your partner is not what I'm looking for. I' the guy that will be carrying hers...

Greg,

If you follow this link www.cambags.com its a site that has numerous test reports on some of the camera bags you've mentioned. It'll give you some idea of what will fit in.

Dave

I bought the Tamrac Expedition 7. The shoulder straps and the waist belt are excellent for carrying the pack and holding the weight close to your body comfortably. The mounting of the tripod to the pack is clean and simple. There is a bottom pocket to set the feet of the tripod into for bottom support that is designed and built solid. The pack interior sides are a Velcro-type lining for compartment design versatility for your optics... The padding is thick and will allow some abuse without worry of scope or camera optic damage. I tried on and made comparisons between models manufactured by Lowepro and Tamrac.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back