• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird have you ordered for XMAS? (1 Viewer)

Well xmas is approaching.... Choose something that has a 'chance'.

I have ordered a Sociable Plover. There has been some talk about them recently and there is a slim chance that one makes it my way! I will continue checking Lapwing flocks at the airport.

Rosbifs

ps Try to get it between xmas and New Year...

I'd be happy to find anything to add to my life list....a little trip down to Devon may just deliver that.B :)

Someones xmas wish came true - Lesser Kestrel, Nimes south France.

Amazed by that record! Perhaps it had been hibenating....

Ps wasn't me althugh did have Black Shouldered Kite today and first Bramblings of winter....

Sadly mine is simple. The Northern Cardinal.

By my area and maybe because of a busy Midway Airport half mile away I rarely see Cardinals. Others places 10 miles out they are easily Common. I want a cardinal so bad it really is the only bird I am aiming for. I have a cardinal feeder set up with ther favorite BOSS. Heated Birdbath and drinking stations, and so i dont miss the moment I have a Birdcam on the feeder. Every night I pull the pictures (usually around 1400 a day) just to spot one cardinal. Three weeks in and not one visit yet...Who knows maybe tonight i will get one?

I was hoping for a wintering North American passerine here in SW Portugal but it decided to stay on the Scillies...never mind I'll keep daydreaming anyway ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back