• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular Question :0) (1 Viewer)

Carriestar

Hello All !

Am relativley new to all this and have had a terrible pair of cheap binoculars up to now and recently been offered a pair of Carl Zeiss Jena 7 x 50w multi coated binoculars for £25. I haven't a clue, are they any good and do you think they are worth that?

Thanks in advance for your help :0)

Carriestar.

That would seem to be an obscenely generous offer for what might be £1,200.00 glasses. There has to be a catch. They would be a little heavy and bulky by the look of the images and specs I can find, but I'd guess they should have excellent clarity and light gathering. I would check em out, make sure they are in good shape, but it looks like a find to me.

They may well be 30+ years old.

If they are porroprism type (old-fashioned dog-leg shape) check the alignment as it can be quite expensive to have them realigned. If they're Ok then they will be a bargain at £25.

Your next pair will likely cost you £1000+ ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back