• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spanish Bird Quiz 4 (1 Viewer)

Halcon, could you possibly tell me where the Red-crested is?

I took the gingery bird to the right of the Greylag to be a Wigeon, and the head sticking up out of the vegetation on the right to be a Gadwall.

I'm interested how almost everyone saw the RC Pochard, and you and me didn't!

I took the gingery bird to the right of the Greylag to be a Wigeon, and the head sticking up out of the vegetation on the right to be a Gadwall.

Hi Sean,

You didn't see a RCP because the rest of us missided the Wigeon. Unless I'm missing something.

ATB,

Ps, Just seen Nico's post. I hate ducks.

Last edited:
Picture number 4

Actually, thinking about the photograph I reckon that they are glossy ibises. They remind me of a flock of the species that I saw on holiday a few years ago, although the flock that I saw was of much fewer birds than your's!

Allen

Last edited:

I hadn't looked at the bird in question. Now I've seen it with zoom I'm pretty sure it is a RCP.
It's the one you just see the head behind the island on the left.

Glossy Ibis

An enormous flock at the Delta del Ebre.

Ranking:

1st) Armin Kreusel 13P
2nd) Simon Wates 12P
3rd) Parker 11P
3rd) Allen S. Moore 11P
4th) Tri-Counties Birder 10P
4th) Cheshire Birder 10P
5th) Andrew Rowlands 5P
5th) The Hairy Highlander 5P
6th) Phil Carter 4P
6th) Trystan 4P

Look very carefully if I gave you the right points!

Reed BUnting

Of course;)

Ranking:

1st) Armin Kreusel 15P
2nd) Simon Wates 14P
3rd) Parker 13P
3rd) Allen S. Moore 13P
4th) Tri-Counties Birder 12P
4th) Cheshire Birder 12P
5th) The Hairy Highlander 7P
6th) Phil Carter 6P
7th) Andrew Rowlands 5P
8th) Trystan 4P
9th) James Thomas 2P

Look very carefully if I gave you the right points!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back