• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swallow, North-west Thailand, 1 of 2 (1 Viewer)

nrg800

Nathan Ruser
Hello everyone, incase you hadn't noticed, by the similar names and locations, and as much as I hate to admit it, slr800, is my younger brother. So... well, nothing to do with this birds ID, so let's get to that!

This was taken at Phu Chi Pha Park on the Thailand-Laos Border, at about 1,600m. There was a large flock of Dusky Crag Martins and one or two of these joining in, It is more likely to be Red-rumped then Straited due to the location, but they are both here according to Robson (Speaking of which, I'll post confirmation pictures of the Martin, as they were considerably out of range for, according to Robson's, though they seemed very numerous there today, most of my people picture have a few flying through it). Without further ado, pictures!

-Thanks
Nathan!

Attachments

• DSC_0547.JPG
    DSC_0547.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0543.JPG
    DSC_0543.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0545.JPG
    DSC_0545.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 53
Ignore the altitude - depending on when you saw it, it may have been a passage migrant heading further south. I haven't seen one yet this year here in Singapore but I know others have.

I'm heading that way this weekend so hopefully will rectify not seeing one in 2011!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back