• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dioptric correction range of Canon IS bins (1 Viewer)

PeterPS

Kiribati
I do not know if anybody at Canon reads these posts but I'll take my chance: the current dioptric compensation range of +/-3 puts off quite a few users; make it +/-4 as for many other good bins brands!

Peter

P.S. I hope that posting this suggestion in a new thread might increase its chance of being seen by somebody from Canon....but I may well be wrong....

I do not know if anybody at Canon reads these posts but I'll take my chance: the current dioptric compensation range of +/-3 puts off quite a few users; make it +/-4 as for many other good bins brands!

Peter

P.S. I hope that posting this suggestion in a new thread might increase its chance of being seen by somebody from Canon....but I may well be wrong....

It's a long shot I suppose! ;)

HN

Hi HN:

It looked like a long shot indeed, but Canon has sent me an email in which they said that they will consider it....

Best, Peter

Peter,

Wow, you got a response!

That would be an excellent improvement indeed. Now that you have a channel open, could you suggest other improvements to Canon as well?

Kimmo

Hi Kimmo:

I have also suggested non-Klingon eyecups for the 10x42L
(curiously Canon engineers claim the eyecups of the 10x42 were designed for humans, personally I am unsure...) and a more easily accessible IS button. While Canon answer was prompt and very polite I am sure they meant to say they will consider these suggestions but will implement only those that will appeal to many more people than just me....

Cheers,
Peter.

If they do that I'll get a 10x42 pretty quick. +/-3 diopters is a bad joke.

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back