• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First post, Sparrow (1 Viewer)

Suvi

Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum awhile ago but this will be my first post, I have been browsing through all of yours..

Birds have been a part of my life for as long as I can remeber, at a young age I would go out identifying them with my mom on our hikes, and sit and watch ducks on the lake in the kayaks.. They always seemed to make their way into my paintings and sketches, to a point I hadnt really noticed untill I presented my portfolio to a gallery owner who observed that i 'sure like to paint birds' - I have since embraced this love of painting birds even more...

Here is the latest of my birds, let me know what you think! :eat:

Attachments

• Sparrow.jpg
    Sparrow.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 97
Welcome to the best part of birdforum, it's a great place for the bird oriented, there are a great bunch of experts here to help too. What media and size is this little bird?

Great little character Suvi, and I like the harmony in the painting.
Welcome to the Forum - look forward to seeing you here often.

Tero Thank you for the links, I was a little unsure of the tail because in my ref. photo it was hanging off a ledge..next time I will have to do a bit more research!

Tim & Nickderry Thank you for you comments! I hope to be posting more soon

Suvi first welcome to the forum and 2ndly..sparrow happens to be my fav...lol...i do love these birds..your painting is realy good..:clap:..keep them coming youhear.Regards.:t:

Tero Thank you for the links, I was a little unsure of the tail because in my ref. photo it was hanging off a ledge..next time I will have to do a bit more research!

I'm well familiar with that problem Suvi! It's so easy to be deceived by photos as I have many times myself. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Beautiful little painting. I love the colours in it, calm and soothing. Maybe the tail doesn't drag like that in a real sparrow, but who cares when the bird itself looks so alive (great work on the head!)? Really like the composition too, with just the right amount of space around the bird.

Thank you for all the welcomes! Was busy getting firewood this weekend and didnt make it back on here,

Clive Thanks for looking in :)

mosca Im glad you cansee the character of the lil guy :)

Enji Thanks! I was really trying to get the composition right with this one, usually im a little off

Arthur Bishop Thank you, again Im really happy the character of the bird is coming through.

Solitary Im glad its not just me!

Dr. Manjeet Singh They are lovely little birds, and so often overlooked! Im glad you like it :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back