• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flowers Northumberland (1 Viewer)

Brian Bullough

DIGIDOPE
Could you please I.D. these three or four flowers taken June Northumberland
image 753 are the leaves of 752
image 761 was about 2'6" or so tall
image 740 and 746 not sure if they are the same plant they have different flower formations ?
Many Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• DSCN0740.JPG
    DSCN0740.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0746.JPG
    DSCN0746.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0752.JPG
    DSCN0752.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0753.JPG
    DSCN0753.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0761.JPG
    DSCN0761.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 117
740 looks like Field Woundwort
746 appears to have the narrow leaves of Red Bartsia
752 is a Gentianella ? sp. - possibly
761 is easy - it's just that, for the life of me, I can't remember what it is :-C

Chris

1. Red Bartsia
2. Not Field Woundwort but certainly closely related
3. Lucerne
4. leaves of White Melilot
5. White Melilot

Mike.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, I did consider Red Bartsia but thought the flowers should have been along the main stem, The photo of the leaves where those of the Lucerne which I included as they looked distinctive , I should have got the Melilot there was a large area but only a small amount in flower.
Many Thanks
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back