• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 600mm Mirror (1 Viewer)

manual focus only ,totally no use for birds at all ,you would be fed up with it in a month ,something like a sigma 80-400 os ,or sigma 150-500 os can be picked up cheaply these days and give the reach with moderate to good quality to

As Black fox says its far from the best option,they where ok in there day when most of us could not afford any thing over 300mm but now there are much better choices out there.

I borrowed one for the weekend and although it is no good for flying birds some of the "static" shots I have got aren't too bad-I will have a look in PS and see what I can do.

It wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice, but it would do as a stop gap.

Thanks for the advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back