• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Several more warblers, Winnipeg, Canada (1 Viewer)

khustochka

Could you please help identify (seen September 13 in Winnipeg, MB):

1) Blackpoll Warbler ?
2) Palm Warbler ?
3) Theoretically I think about Nashville, but cannot be sure, never seen it.
4) ??
5) ??

Attachments

• IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4019.JPG
    IMG_4019.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3985.JPG
    IMG_3985.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 83
1) yes, Blackpoll
2) Orange-crowned Warbler
3) Maybe a Yellow Warbler?
4) Palm Warbler
5) not sure, maybe Yellow-rumped Warbler
Andy

1) yes, Blackpoll
2) Orange-crowned Warbler
3) Maybe a Yellow Warbler?
4) Palm Warbler
5) not sure, maybe Yellow-rumped Warbler
Andy

I'd agree with 1 - 4, but suggest another Palm for 5

Cheers

James

Ps - Really racking up the warblers there khustochka!

Ps - Really racking up the warblers there khustochka!

I am feeling guilty for asking so many questions, but I am really puzzled and not confident with identifying them by myself with a field guide only. There are so many warblers and variations make them look so similar. This is the last batch, I promise!

Hmm...yellow warbler has an eye ring but that seems quite distinct and too brightly white for me. Only Virginia's and Nashville tend to have an eye ring like that. I've seen photographic conditions that highlight a yellow warbler's eye ring but even accounting for that the rest of the bird doesn't feel right. The bill is also a little on the long side, in favour of Nashville.

The apparent grey hood bothers me as well. It isn't lighting because you can see contrast between that and the yellow underparts. So I'm pushing Nashville at the moment.

Hmm...yellow warbler has an eye ring but that seems quite distinct and too brightly white for me. Only Virginia's and Nashville tend to have an eye ring like that. I've seen photographic conditions that highlight a yellow warbler's eye ring but even accounting for that the rest of the bird doesn't feel right. The bill is also a little on the long side, in favour of Nashville.

The apparent grey hood bothers me as well. It isn't lighting because you can see contrast between that and the yellow underparts. So I'm pushing Nashville at the moment.

I was also thinking this, but far from sure with this pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back