• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Male & Female Cardinal plus more.... (1 Viewer)

DSallee

Just Beginning...
Hey everyone..

This is my 1st "birding" post here.. hope you like the pics...

These were taken a few days ago with my Canon EOS 650 film camera with a Sigma 70-300 lens... Sorry the pics arn't that good, I pre-focused on the feeder and used the remote to fire the shutter... problem was, I was focused on the FEEDER, not the bird! .. so, the birds are not as sharp as hoped for.. I fixed this problem though with the film currently in my camera...

1st pic... Male Cardinal...
2nd pic... Female Cardinal...
3rd pic... (I'm new to birding, so I'm not sure what this is?)
4th pic... My setup...
5th pic... Rabbit.. LOL

again, I hope you like the pics.. any comments or suggestion appriciated...

Dave

Attachments

• male_cardinal.jpg
    male_cardinal.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 146
  • female_cardinal.jpg
    female_cardinal.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 161
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 153
  • camera_setup.jpg
    camera_setup.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 158
  • rabbit.jpg
    rabbit.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I think #3 is a female house sparrow. Anyone else? The pics look great to me, I don't think the birds are too fuzzy at all, though I'm no pic expert. Nice feeder. And you can see each individual bird seed! ;-)

Lady19thC said:
I agree, definitely looks like a female house sparrow to me! Nice cardinal pictures! What a fun feeder!

Nice shots you have there.. I especially like how you added the sequence shots above the main pic. Definately something different :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back